Tall Hybrid Chameleon Cage System
Tall Hybrid Chameleon Cage System
The Tall Hybrid Chameleon Cage System gives you a 23.75″ x 23″ x 48″ Tall Hybrid Cage, a set of six Dragon Ledges, two Hydration Mounts, and a Drip Easy Drainage Tray.
Tall Hybrid Cage: 23.75” wide x 23” deep x 48” high. This cage is suitable for most chameleon species through their entire life including Panther Chameleons, Veiled Chameleons, and Jackson’s Chameleons. This is a hybrid cage with solid PVC side & back walls to give more control over misting, humidity, and visual interaction. The front door is acrylic for clear viewing and humidity retention. The top panel and service door are screen to provide the chimney effect which provides air circulation in the cage.
Dragon Ledges: The patented Dragon Ledge interior supports provide the strength to install horizontal branches and potted plants on the sides and back of the cage. Dragon Ledges are what allow you to create beautiful floating garden type cage interiors.
2 * Hydration Mounts: This system includes two Hydration Mounts which will allow misting nozzles from Mist King and Cli-Mist to be mounted onto the cage. There is also an entry point for 1/4″ tubing which allows entry for Ex-Terra Monsoon misters and 1/4″ drip systems for plant watering. The Dragon Strand Hydration Mount is unique as it is designed to be mounted anywhere along the inside top frame.
Tall Cage Drip Easy Drainage Tray.This system contains a drainage tray and a screen panel floor to replace the standard white PVC floor included with the enclosure. The screen floor allows mist water to flow directly through the floor and into the drainage tray. The screen floor also partners with the black drainage tray to mask that there is a floor giving your naturalistic set-ups a more attractive look.
If you are interested in buying two cages please select this product to save on shipping
We are taking orders for the Tall Hybrid Cage System build scheduled to ship by mid-August
- Additional information
The Tall Hybrid Chameleon Cage System was designed to give you the structure you need to build up a beautiful chameleon cage and to help maintain the health of your chameleon. The cage has solid white PVC sides and back with an acrylic main door and screen service door. This hybrid configuration allows finer control over internal humidity while using the chimney effect to maintain air circulation.
23.75” wide, 23” deep, 48” high – Size is suitable for adult male Panther, Veiled, and Jackson’s Chameleons.
White PVC Side & Back Panels – This cage is designed with a solid white side and back panels and a clear acrylic door. This has the three fold benefit of 1) Visual Isolation, 2) Mist retention, 3) Humidity retention, and 4) Strong support to plant against.
- Visual Isolation– Chameleons are visual creatures and are always on the look out for predators. Opaque sides to the cage provide a level of security because they know they will not be attacked from those sides. Although we as humans would consider this uncomfortable and stifling, we also have forgotten what it is to live as prey animals on the Savanna. Chameleons retain the instinct to watch for predators. The solid walls also block them from being affected by chameleons in close visual proximity – such as two cages placed next to each other.
- Mist Retention. Having three solid sides allows you to mist the cage without concern for the mist getting on walls. There are two Hydration Mounts included in the Tall Hybrid Cage System. This allows two industry standard mist heads from Mist King or Climist (not included) to be mounted and a wide coverage to be had.
- Humidity Retention. The hybrid nature of the cage means you have more ability to hold humidity in. The front door is clear acrylic to hold in humidity. The top and service door are screen so allows the chimney effect so air does not become stagnant. The chimney effect is where the warm air at the top panel rises drawing in the cool air from the service door at the bottom of the cage. This provides a subtle, but constant air flow through the cage. This dynamic allows you to actually have a humidity pocket in the center of the cage with dense plant cover while the perching branches near the front top are at room humidity.
- Extensive Support System. This cage has been designed to give ample support for mounting potted plants along the sides and back. Each panel has two Dragon Ledges. The two side panels have two horizontal Dragon Ledges each while the back panel has two vertically orientated Dragon Ledges. The walls themselves act as supports and can accomodate drilling and glueing and other mounting approaches to create the system you desire.
Service Door – A flip-up door on the bottom of the cage that allows you to spot-clean the floor or remove the floor panel for a deep cleaning with the minimum of disturbing your chameleon.
Selection of Cage Floors – You will receive two floors with your cage. One is a solid white PVC floor and the other is a screen panel. The solid white is if you desire to place potted plants on the floor. The screen floor gives maximum drainage and partners with the black drainage tray to mask that there is a floor giving your naturalistic set-ups a more attractive look. By having two floors you are able to switch floors while you deep clean the normally used floor.
Dragon Ledges: The Tall Hybrid System includes a total of six Dragon Ledges. There are two Dragon Ledges per side and back. The ones on the side are horizontal while the two on the back are fixed in position. Dragon Ledges provide the foundation for you to let loose with your landscaping imagination to create an environment as beautiful as your chameleon!
Hydration Mount: This system includes two Hydration Mounts which will allow misting nozzles from Mist King and Cli-Mist to be mounted onto the cage. There is also an entry point for 1/4″ tubing which allows entry for Ex-Terra Monsoon misters and 1/4″ drip systems for plant watering. Dragon Strand Hydration Mounts are unique as they are designed to be mounted anywhere along the inside top frame.
Tall Hybrid System Drainage Tray. This system includes a drainage tray that is fitted to the cage. It will collect water and keep the waste water physically away from the cage inhabitant. In addition, this drainage tray is specifically designed with a middle brace under the floor to allow potted plants to be placed on the bottom of the cage. If potted plants are placed on the bottom please use the solid PVC floor.
Note: The Tall Hybrid System is the 2020 upgrade to the previous “X-Large Breeder Cage”. The upgrades include:
- The cage now has two Dragon Ledges for the back panel. These are arranged in a vertical format to facilitate mounting potted plants.
- Acrylic main front door
- The Front door goes all the way to the top of the cage
- Latches are now substantial stainless steel toggle latches
- The Drip Easy Drainage Tray is now a standard part of the system
- Two Hydration Mounts are included standard.
These upgrades reflect our dedication to facilitating the best chameleon keeping experience.
|Dimensions||50 × 27 × 8 in|