Announcing: The New Tall Cage System Family!
The new Tall Cage System (23.75″ x 23″ x 48″) comes in two styles – a Screen version and a Hybrid version. These ares the first members from the newly designed screen cage line from Dragon Strand to be released. The major components to these cages have been upgraded to provide us keepers of arboreal reptiles with a higher quality experience and to aid us in creating the proper environments.
The Screen version is made for applications where high ventilation is desired. This screen cage is unique as the back is solid to protect house walls from mist overspray, but with all other panels being screen, ventilation is retained.
The Hybrid version is for keepers who want more control over the hydration and humidity in their caging environment. With both sides and the back solid PVC humidity gradients may be created and a more rigorous mist coverage can be handled to accomodate a denser planting strategy.
All Dragon Strand cages, including the Tall Cage family members, have been upgraded to have the following:
Solid white PVC back. As most cages are up against a wall, this protects the house walls from mist overspray and reflects light back into the cage. The Hybrid system extends the PVC to both sides.
Patented Dragon Ledges. Dragon Ledges are anchors that allow you to easily mount horizontal branches and potted plants. They are standard with all Dragon Strand cages. The Tall Cage Systems come with two for each side and two for the back.
Fitted Drainage Tray. The cage sits on top of this tray which keeps waste water physically apart from your chameleon. This is a fitted tray which has raised supports in the middle to handle potted plants on the floor.
Hydration Mount. This included mount allows the installation of Mist-King and Cli-Mist nozzles and also a grommeted input for 1/4″ tubing. This tubing input can be used for installing a plant watering drip system. The Hybrid Cage version comes with two Hydration Mounts to support higher leaf cover in the typical application.
Solid/Screen Floor. Two floors are included to allow you to choose for maximum support with the solid floor or maximum drainage with the screen floor. The other may be kept near by and used as a temporary floor while the other is being deep cleaned.
Welcome to Dragon Strand!
Message from Dragon Strand Jan 21. 2020
The Dragon Strand caging line is being upgraded. Many of you know that we spent some time “re-tooling” to upgrade both our materials and our internal systems. This process is completed and now we are releasing our new cage line one model at a time. There are some significant changes going into 2020.
- Proprietary Framing. First of all, we are now using proprietary framing. This framing is thicker, stronger, and straighter. More importantly, I will be in total control of the quality. While the rest of the market looks for ways to cut corners I am looking for ways to increase the quality of my products. I designed this framing to give us the characteristics that we need to make chameleon cages. We will no longer be using materials originally designed for other industries.
- Solid Back Walls for All Screen Cages. All of my screen cages will now come with solid PVC back panels. Screen cages are almost always placed against a wall. By making solid back panels standard your home walls are protected from mist overspray and light is reflected back into the cage. This does not materially affect the ventilation of the cage.
- More Back Dragon Ledges. Back panels will also come standard with two vertical Dragon Ledges.
- Stainless Steel Door Latches. All closures have been upgraded to stainless steel toggle latches
The first cage to be released will be the Tall Screen Cage System which comes with the above mentioned features as well as a Hydration mount for misters, six Dragon Ledges, both a solid and a screen floor panel, and a fitted drainage tray. The Tall Screen cage is 23.75″ x 23″ x 48″ and replaces the Large Keeper Kit in the Dragon Strand line up. The Tall Screen Cage System is in inventory right now.
The Breeder and Clearside series cages are coming back with upgrades of their own. We will be launching new models every week or two until each entire line is back up and running. If you would like to be notified by email as each cage family member is released please sign up for the newsletter and you’ll be among the first to know.
Thank you for your patience and support. I am grateful that I have this opportunity to work on refining our chameleon cage experience. 2020 is an exciting year as this marks the start of chameleon cages being made with parts designed specifically for our needs!
Founder of the Dragon Strand Chameleon Caging Company
Sign up for the Dragon Strand Newsletter to receive progress updates to your email.
Innovation is at the heart of Dragon Strand…and that passion continues.
Dragon Strand leads in innovations that matter for chameleon keepers and breeders!
- Our Breeder Series Chameleon Cages introduced the first commercially produced solid side cages specifically for the chameleon community. The screen front and top maintained the required ventilation, while the three solid PVC sides added the capability to hold mist in the cage and create hiding spots.
- The patented Dragon Strand “Dragon Ledge” Branch Holders were the first product on the market that allowed keepers to easily mount horizontal branches and potted plants in their chameleon cages without compromising the structural integrity of the cage.
- The Dragon Strand Nursery Cage System was the first commercially available caging system specifically designed for raising baby chameleons
- The Dragon Strand ClearSide Enclosure line gives arboreal reptile keepers the visibility of glass at a fraction of the weight!
- The Dragon Strand Atrium Series wide format cages give keepers the space they need to landscape a cage! Includes the largest commercially produced chameleon cage.