Welcome to Dragon Strand!
Message from Dragon Strand
The Dragon Strand caging company is engaging in significant upgrades to our production capability. Dragon Strand is known for excellent cages, but also long waits. These upgrades will allow us to produce the excellent cages at a higher capacity. Translation: Removing the long waits!
To do this we are finishing our order backlog and are executing the final stages of our upgrade plan.
What this means is that we will be in a reduced production state until the middle of January. We will still be building specific cages, but I will only take orders for cages that are in stock or are part of the next upcoming build. I apologize for the significant reduction in variety available, but the outcome will be well worth this effort. Dragon Ledges and Drainage Trays will remain at full production levels through this time.
All product pages will be active, but ordering will only be for the products on this front page.
Thank you for your support. January is right around the corner and I can’t wait to jump back in the full swing of things!
Founder of Dragon Strand
Dec 12, 2019 Update: The work is coming along very nicely. We are quite happy with the results and are confident that our reopening in January will be something to be excited about! Have a happy holiday season and I look forward to sharing with you the new Dragon Strand cage line up!
Jan 2, 2020 Update: We will be at the Reptile Super Show in Anaheim, CA Jan 4-5. We will be showing a prototype of our new Atrium cage. If you are in the Southern California area come by and say hi! We will be back in cage production in Mid-January. Thank you for your patience!
Dragon Ledges and Drainage/Substrate Trays remain in full production.
The rest of the Dragon Strand cage line will come back available in Mid-January 2020 as they are retooled. I apologize for this inconvenience. It will be worth it!
Sign up for the Dragon Strand Newsletter to receive progress updates to your email.
Innovation is at the heart of Dragon Strand…and that passion continues.
Dragon Strand leads in innovations that matter for chameleon keepers and breeders!
- Our Breeder Series Chameleon Cages introduced the first commercially produced solid side cages specifically for the chameleon community. The screen front and top maintained the required ventilation, while the three solid PVC sides added the capability to hold mist in the cage and create hiding spots.
- The patented Dragon Strand “Dragon Ledge” Branch Holders were the first product on the market that allowed keepers to easily mount horizontal branches and potted plants in their chameleon cages without compromising the structural integrity of the cage.
- The Dragon Strand Nursery Cage System was the first commercially available caging system specifically designed for raising baby chameleons
- The Dragon Strand ClearSide Enclosure line gives arboreal reptile keepers the visibility of glass at a fraction of the weight!
- The Dragon Strand Atrium Series wide format cages give keepers the space they need to landscape a cage! Includes the largest commercially produced chameleon cage.